WaterSafe : Bacteria in Water Test Kit
An EPA based test to check for the presence of Coliform Bacteria in your water. Tests 1 water source.
The presence of bacteria in drinking water is usually a result of a problem with the water treatment system, or the pipes which distribute water, and indicates that water may be contaminated with germs that may cause disease.
How To Use Bacteria Water Test Kit
Before You begin...
- Keep tests out of reach of children and pets. Do not ingest anything from this test kit. Do not drink water sample used for testing. Store and use at room temperature (60-86 F)
- Do not open packets or a vial until you are ready to perform the tests.
- Do not use on hot water or water containing bleach detergents.
- Do not re-use any part of the test kit.
- Read and follow all instructions carefully.
How to check results
It will take 48 hours to produce accurate test results. Purple color will indicate negative (no bacteria detected), and Yellow color - positive (it is highly likely that potentially harmful bacteria were detected).
Note: results will become unreadable after about 55 hours due to bacteria that will start growing naturally in water samples.
EPA maximum contaminant levels or guildline standards:
|Lead||Below 15 ppb|
|Pesticides||Below 3ppb (atrazine), Below 4ppb (simazine)|
|Nitrite||Below 1.0 ppm|
|Total Nitrate/Nitrite||Below 10.0 ppm|
|pH||6.5 to 8.5|
|Total Chlorine||Below 4 ppm|
|Total Hardness||50 ppm or less|
Purchase the Bacteria in Water Test Kit Now